Research Features was born from a passion to break down barriers that exist in the dissemination life cycle from researcher to the mass audience.
Our team seeks to deliver our vision. We decided to bring together a highly qualified team of online marketers, graphic designers, science journalists, academic editors, and social media specialists. The remit given to this highly creative team was to bridge the gap between researchers and readers, and deliver knowledge in this often overlooked marketplace. In line with the new information age, Research Features delivers a structured approach to sharing knowledge that will reshape the approaches used to promote government funded research.
All the content we manage and publish is done so in accordance with Creative Commons CC-BY guidelines.
We are not a news media company. We are not a scholarly publisher. We sit somewhere in the middle and feel very comfortable in our unique space. We will never engage in ‘click-bait’ or ‘tabloid’ pop-science; but we do not offer complex peer-reviewed content. Our publication offers detailed insight using clear language and a visual format which translates complex science, whilst remaining respectful.
We remove two of the biggest barriers people face when accessing information regarding research:
- The Paywall Barrier – We will never ask for any financial contribution to access the content.
- The Language Barrier – We simplify complex topics so that any educated individual can enjoy the research we publish.
We employ various methods to ensure that content featured within Research Features can be enjoyed by a broad audience:
- Free-to-access digital magazine – Download, share, hyperlinked contacts and multi-platform accessibility.
- Researcher web pages – All content taken from each magazine article is also used to create bespoke researcher web pages with access to downloadable PDF articles and researcher contact details.
- Twitter and Facebook – Reaching out to the lay public so tax payers can enjoy and understand the research they fund.
- Hardcopy – We are an environmentally conscious publisher. However, we do print a number of hard copies of each issue.
- Social Media campaigns – Our SM team engage in high-level targeted campaigns to achieve broad visibility and impact for your research, where it counts.
We serve a truly diverse and global audience. From leading government figures, through to young students pursuing careers in science.